Waters 486 Tunable Absorbance Detector
The Waters 486 tunable absorbance detector is a single-Channel tunable ultraviolet/visible (UV/VIS) detector designed for high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) applications. The waters 486 can operate as a stand-alone unit (with a chart recorder) or with other Waters system modules, such as the Waters 860 Networking Computer System, or the Water 745/745B or 746 integrators.
The 486 provides a usable light intensity over the wavelength range of 190-600 nanometers (nm), Although its primary use is in the ultraviolet wavelength range between 190 and 380 nanometers. The maximum sensitivity of the instrument is 0.001 absorbance units full scale (AUFS).
- Easy to use operator interface
- Self-calibration to ensure wavelength accuracy
- Battery backup to retain parameter settings when the detector is powered down or during power interruptions
- A deuterium arc lamp
- The patented Taper-Cell flow design switch reduces refractive index interference with the absorbance signal
- Optional cells: Non-metallic, Semi-prep, Microbore, High pressure (A cell optimized for operation in LC/MS)
- Lamp shut-off to lengthen usable lamp life
- User selectable chart mark on IV integrator output (standard on 10mV)
- Wavelength scanning for determination of optimal wavelength
- Diagnostic routines to verify proper functioning
- A modular design for easy servicing